T56 MTB Paper model

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

T56 MTB Paper model

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:55 pm

A while back Firehouse from the Forumini was looking for some 15mm MTBs for a scenario he was working on. He ended up finding plans for a paper MTB. He ended up deciding not to try building any but was nice enough to send me the plans. So after sitting on my computer for six months or more I decided to give building one a try on my lunch hours at work. I first built the stand and then began the grid like superstructure inside the hull. Once that was finished I began covering the hull. I am half way through covering the hull and it is surprisingly going very well. Here are a few pics of the progress so far as well as the printed sheet of parts. I printed it twice, once on cover stock cardboard and a second time on paper, depending on the item sometime paper is better than the light cardboard.
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Stalker6

Re: T56 MTB Paper model

Unread post by Stalker6 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Interesting. Is there a flat bottom version available for game play?

I built a German glider a few years back out of cardstock. I think the plans were on the FOW site. Turned out pretty nice and a lot cheaper than the resin models.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:18 pm

Stalker6 wrote:Interesting. Is there a flat bottom version available for game play?

I built a German glider a few years back out of cardstock. I think the plans were on the FOW site. Turned out pretty nice and a lot cheaper than the resin models.
It could be easily made without the lower hull below the waterline so it would sit flat. Shoot me your email and I will send you a copy of the plans.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:47 am

I'll email Craig at Gaming models to make a PT boat.