New Zvezda Sturmtiger

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

New Zvezda Sturmtiger

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:28 pm

:bowty: This is the second kit. Again the tracks lack detail but, the model is very nice.
100_3862.JPG
100_3863.JPG

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: New Zvezda Sturmtiger

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Wow, very nice. I'm feeling sorry for Dan's bunkers, they aren't going to last long with that thing around. :lol:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Very nice stuff - someday I'll get a nice camo skill like that --- I hope.

couple points on this model --- Loco on the ball assembly for the gun ---- any easy quick way to glue it.

I spent twenty minutes or more watching a movie while I held it together to glue. I used regular plastic glue. So others know what I'm referring to here are some shots:
Sturmtiger ball.JPG
ball side.JPG
glue side.JPG
Also just a note for others that might build this:
sturmtiger tow hook.JPG

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:58 pm

:bowty: I put my ball assembly together before I attached the upper hull which I assume you did also. I just glued the post and a couple drops along the edges then put the one side on and pressed the other side in place. I did notice the gun is not tight and tends to drop down when done.

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:21 am

Locozugmeister wrote::bowty: I put my ball assembly together before I attached the upper hull which I assume you did also. I just glued the post and a couple drops along the edges then put the one side on and pressed the other side in place. I did notice the gun is not tight and tends to drop down when done.
I guess my 20 minutes wasn't wasted. I suspected it might be loose if I didn't hold it - I was just hoping there might be an easy holding method. I have several clamps but none worked as it is in an awkward kind of spot.

Thanks Loco