3D Terrain Attempt

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

3D Terrain Attempt

Unread post by curtm1911 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:52 pm

These will probably become "Brush" terrain hexes for North Africa maps.

@dano,
Thanks for the Sculpt-a-Mold, still trying to get the paint to sculpt-a-mold ratio correct for base ground color but getting closer...lol

These are a first trial, next batch will countersink/inlet the Astro turf sample into the Foam Board base. I just glued the cut to size turf piece to the board on these, will make the next batch different.
Attachments
Picture 045.jpg
Picture 043.jpg

dano903
The King
The King

Re: 3D Terrain Attempt

Unread post by dano903 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:00 pm

FANTASTIC UDEA! I saw the other post on the mini. I can see some wonderful options with the astro turf. Thanks for the pixs!!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:56 am

Nice Curt. I gotta say those are very well done.

Stupid question~ Do people have astro-turf lawns?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

curtm1911
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words

Unread post by curtm1911 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:10 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Nice Curt. I gotta say those are very well done.

Stupid question~ Do people have astro-turf lawns?

:lol: ....Howdy Ober.....

I reckon there are some folks that have "Plastic Lawns" but not in my neighborhood.....these were sample pieces a vendor dropped @ houses with grass......none were dropped @ houses with Desert Landscape....: D....little 6"x4" sections with a business card attached.....more to come on that.

See what you people have done to me.......painting....modelling.... what's next for this newly minted Geezer....:D. :lol:

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:22 pm

I think the coloring is fine for desert and this type of grass. if you sprayed some dull coat, and did a 1/2 drop of desert tone paint for dry brushing, that might help. again, I don't think it needs it...just an option.