molds in 15mm- WiP

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

dano903
The King
The King

molds in 15mm- WiP

Unread post by dano903 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:17 am

I have an opportunity to express some ideas for a 15mm mold project for a popular mold making company. I wanted to throw out some ideas, and get some ideas as well. there's no guarantee anything I suggest will be completed, but it's worth a chance.

this will be a newer scale for them, and I wanted to suggest some ideas and perhaps samples of a trench and sandbag mold in 15mm. these can normally be combined due to the size of the mold, and the scale. The molds pieces need to be large enough to use hydrostone with it, have enough detail, and be able to get some resin use out of the mold. The one thing I would suggest is that the ideas have multiple uses. here are some ideas...

chevron to fit a 3" hex- trench line as well
straight sandbags
1/5 circle sandbag
"L" shaped sandbags
a hedgerow foundation (doubles as a destroyed/burnt out building foundation). The foundation pieces could be about 1cm wide, and several cm's long. this could be used as a hedge row base/flower base and/or outline of a burnt-out building base.
there would be trench work planks. use for building construction, foot bridges, bridges, and maybe a few other ideas
log groupings- this might be used as a trench work feature, tank accents, log piles, floating logs in the river(s), fort construction, and several other ideas.

once again...the more ideas one piece or feature can be used for, the better the chance of it getting sculpted. we're on a shot time line...so ideas are needed very quickly!

thank you for your time!

Stalker6

Re: molds in 15mm- WiP

Unread post by Stalker6 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:44 am

I like where you are going with this-especially if you can use the trench and sandbag molds to duplicate the trench stuff you have been doing in 28mm. I also like the hedgerow idea.

Other ideas-
Bomb or shell craters
Corduroy roads
Cobblestone roads
Rock walls

pfclt

Re: molds in 15mm- WiP

Unread post by pfclt » Thu May 28, 2015 2:14 am

Trees - dead in a swamp/ blown up knocked down forest.
hedgerow road?