Stalker and Sons painting and modeling

discuss minis painting and modeling with our resident modeler.

Moderators: Locozugmeister, dano903

dano903
The King
The King

Re: Stalker and Sons painting and modeling

Unread post by dano903 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Airbrush_! Nice. If you need some help...I.ve done Air guitar, and airbrushing too.!

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:45 am

Yeah, can't wait to try some of those late war German spray camo paint jobs. I have two Hetzers just waiting for me to get a little practice in before attempting the "ambush" pattern

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:44 am

1) learn to clean your airbrush very well.
2) learn how to thin your paint (if needed)
3) learn how to clean your airbrush very well
4) have an extra bottle or two as back up
5) have a separate tool box for your airbrush equipment
6) learn how to turn the regulator off to the airbrush while you change bottles etc.
7) insulate your air compressor for noise... don't bother the wife!!!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:46 am

Oh no, Loco it looks like we have more competition. I think we might have to kick it up a knotch. :Tout:

Good luck with the air brush Stalker. We will be waiting to see your next project. :D
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:30 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Oh no, Loco it looks like we have more competition. I think we might have to kick it up a knotch. :Tout:

Good luck with the air brush Stalker. We will be waiting to see your next project. :D

Kick it up a notch Ober??? there's the possibility of you two being better??? Great! Just when I thought I was catching up! what's next??? terrain work? you're going to put me out of a job!

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:41 am

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Oh no, Loco it looks like we have more competition. I think we might have to kick it up a knotch. :Tout:

Wait...wait....I am still one of the brush guys, I was just trying something new... "she doesn't really mean anything to me"..... it's just a phase.....

Can I still stop by the "brush" shop for coffee at least?

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:51 am

you had to start the pun didn't you. I think you're just blowing air in our faces anyway. You just need to compress or expand your excuse. You'll need to produce some painting before you tank this subject. Just tell the truth and don't coil around your story. Try to build some pressure, thinner your story, and cover everything in one coat. Your Prime or main objective it to try something new. If you make a mistake, you can always paint over it. Just don't brush us off, and not post anything. You'll have a dual action now that you have an airbrush. I know you've bottled up all of your talent to post here. Just make sure all of your connections are tight here...you wouldn't want to bleed any air you're built up here. So make sure you Post Super Images for us to see. Mix your postings a bit, and watch your gravity towards the 'old ways'. Feed us some pixs, and make sure to remove the vapors.

good luck!

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:11 pm

No airbrush examples yet; still getting the hang of it through practice. So here are some old fashioned "brush job."

My 13 year old son finally finished the last craft fair Zvezda KV-1 (thanks Ober). The other son has yet to start his M4.

A Zvezda Matador in NW Europe Summer 1944 Mickey Mouse Pattern-

Last edited by Stalker6 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stalker6

Unread post by Stalker6 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:13 pm

A FOW Italian truck-

Locozugmeister
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.

Unread post by Locozugmeister » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:44 pm

:bowty: Excellent work. I really like the Matador truck camo.