View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Armored Warfare 
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
I got chosen as an Alpha Tester for the upcomming new modern armor game Armored Warfare. I defragged my computer so both WoT and AW should be optimised and am downloading it now. The ping should be half decent as they have a servers for NA and EU both. Ive watched all the trailers and Gingles vids on Youtube and this looks really good. I can't say much except generic comments due to the confidentiality agreement but I will try to shed some light on the game.

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

Very nice Ober! Congrats. I signed up for beta test on day one. Is this something additional you had to apply for?

Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:37 pm
Mod
Mod

Nevermind, found the survey. Wished I had found it sooner but we'll see!

Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:45 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Yea you have to do the survey. :bump:

I suspect my admission had a lot to do with my age demographic,being in that small over 50 group. :D

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

Whatever it takes! :D

Certainly some logic to that. I am in the dime a dozen demo which doesn't help but just finding the survey now really didn't help. Hopefully I will get an early closed beta invite. Have been looking forward to this game since I learned about it and definitely jealous right now :bow:

Interested to hear your thoughts on performance with your machine. The Cry Engine is a pretty robust game engine not known for going easy on your pc!

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 pm
Founder
Founder

Ace of Aces wrote:
Whatever it takes! :D

Certainly some logic to that. I am in the dime a dozen demo which doesn't help but just finding the survey now really didn't help. Hopefully I will get an early closed beta invite. Have been looking forward to this game since I learned about it and definitely jealous right now :bow:

Interested to hear your thoughts on performance with your machine. The Cry Engine is a pretty robust game engine not known for going easy on your pc!

At one point they stated that the minimum graphics card supported would be the 8600 GTX, now that has been replaced by a note stating they want it to be optimized for laptops as well as PCs. My machine is a 8800 GTX with a bunch of gaming extras the previous owner had installed so I should be good on low graphic settings. I didn't get downloaded before the servers went down for the day so I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to give it a whirl.

I have to admit I would be jealous if you were testing and I was sitting out. I can't frickin believe I was chosen out of 500,000 applicants. Apparently these tests will get larger as they progress so there is a good chance you will get in over time. I assume now that I'm in I will always be a tester, at least that is what I hope cause I think it would be cool to watch the game evolve from the inside.

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:01 am
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

Being an Alpha tester is pretty special, they are very selective and few get that honor. If they do it like other games I have tested they slowly increase the number of closed beta testers while working out server stability issues (and other bugs) and continue adding additional testers until open beta where anyone can play.

I would think you will be able to take part in all testing but they could always buck the trend I guess. Also expect you will get an extra bonus for your efforts!

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:36 am
Founder
Founder

Had a lot of fun today playing this game. Great maps, graphics and all around well put together.

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Mod
Mod

Hey Ober, is Alpha testing still under way? I got myself a CBT key directly from Silentstalker of all people so I can join you eventually.

Also got hooked up with a WoWs CBT key and have been playing it. Guess its a hard code to get right now but WG had an event in town that I went to and the code was in the swag bag. Lucky me because my clan mate got gold codes in his swag bag instead.

Tank on!

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:34 pm
Founder
Founder

Wow, gold, nice haul!

We are still waiting for a AW second round. I would imagine fine tuning will take a while before another test, but who knows. Did you join-up and enter your code? If you did you will have access to the Alpha test forums and thats where we will get any news aside from a email invite to test 2. I will let you know if you hear anything.

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next