News

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: News

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:55 pm

The only branches I will be working on will lead me to The M4 and ELX, two tanks I have never had before. Its going to take a while cause I won't be spending money on that account, just playing for fun.

I fully intend on working my Ober999 account but it will depend on stats and my win rate. I am not grinding through anymore losing streaks and hoping for the best. For me its too late to say I don't care about stats, cause honestly I do.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis

Unread post by Scub » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Yust made a new puppet acount :Tout: but it seems that I have to download the game again :yellowgrin:
Must say I am lscard if this can give me troble on my main game on the same computer, and I yust mess it up big time,

My puppet name is dontcallmenoob1 :lol: :lol:
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Highly suggest you boys get in on the next public test when it opens. They give you a bunch of gold and xp to do whatever with. It's all lost when they close it but a good way to try tanks before you commit down one path.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Scub wrote:Yust made a new puppet acount :Tout: but it seems that I have to download the game again :yellowgrin:
Must say I am lscard if this can give me troble on my main game on the same computer, and I yust mess it up big time,

My puppet name is dontcallmenoob1 :lol: :lol:
You shouldn't have to download again, I didn't. I just has to put in a different email and password and your in. Love the new name. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:Love these deals, I stock up on repair kits, med kits and fire extinguishers each time. I have 140 repair kits but I will be buying as many as I can Sunday night. Haven't checked into other consumables, think I will just to see what might be of interest.
Yust used lot of money filling up my depot :?
100 >repair kits,
100 >big repair kits
100 >auto fire extinguishers,
40 >big medic kit,
20 > small medic kit
20 >100 oktan fuel,
30 >105 oktan fuel,
40 > Lend lease oil,
30 >chocolate,
30 > Cola,

Ready for battle, :D
Google Translate

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Your ready to wind those Germans up with high octain gas and Chocolate. Its not going to be safe on the European server for a while. :lol: Be careful Sismis!
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Scub

Unread post by Scub » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:51 pm

FieldMarshall Ober wrote:Your ready to wind those Germans up with high octain gas and Chocolate. Its not going to be safe on the European server for a while. :lol: Be careful Sismis!
Most of the chocolade is for my wespe SPG 10% better crew helps :egrin: , had I sweet game today 2 kills, one in TD mode when the light tank try to get me, we won becose of this, they had this light and arty left, we the same, but the light tank was already in our base, got some Gj arty for this kill :D
Its bad the SPGs dot get high XPs, need to do massive damage and kill to get up on the board, i got in the middle :cry:

But fun anyway. Now I play these death from above machines on my real acount :D

much to learn, like positioning itself in relation to the opponent usually will come, that there are obstacles in the way, makes this difficult. but there will coming a lot of good experience as seen from the other side, when I run the tank, I have been hit many times from arty. maybe I will eventually find places I know they can not hit me.
Time will show
Undo edits
Google Translate

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:41 am

8.4 update notes. There's some interesting stuff in there. I will be looking forward to its release.

http://worldoftanks.com/news/2074-84-update-notes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dragon Ridge and Serene Coast maps have been temporarily removed from the "Random Battle" for balancing. :party:
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:58 am

Could you please list the details? It didn't look like much changed, especially with what was the upper tier German light tanks :egrin:
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:50 am

The major changes
Major Changes

Battle tutorial for new players has been added. The tutorial mission will have its own map

Added a branch of tank destroyers to the British tech tree:
Universal Carrier QF 2 pounder, Alecto, Valentine AT, АТ 2, АТ 7, Gun Carrier Churchill, АТ 8, АТ 15, А39 Tortoise, and FV215b(183)

Added three new German light tanks:
Pz.I, Pz.I Ausf.С , and Pz.II Ausf.G

The following German light tanks have been moved to tier IV, V, and VI to match their rebalanced characteristics:
Luchs, VK 1602, and VK2801

New Soviet premium tier VI tank destroyer is available in the in-game shop:
SU-100Y

The following maps were reworked for improved graphics:
Steppes, Fisherman's Bay, Ensk, and Live Oaks

Dragon Ridge and Serene Coast maps have been temporarily removed from the "Random Battle" for balancing

Game and visual fixes for the following maps:
Cliff, Prokhorovka, and Abbey

"Assault" mode has been temporarily disabled for the following maps:
Malinovka and Westfield

Smoothed the road and crater textures for the Ruinberg map
Game supports NVIDIA SLI configurations

Balance Changes & Various Fixes

Changed slope of the lower nose plate of the PzV Panther, PzV/IV, Panther M10, and JagdPanther to 55 degrees

Changed thickness of lower frontal hull armor of PzV Panther, PzV/IV, Panther M10, and JagdPanther to 50 mm

Reduced slope of the lower nose plate of the T-44 to 45 degrees

Fixed minor bugs with the damage model of the following tanks: AT-15А, Matilda Black Prince, Matilda (USSR), Grille, AMX 13-75, AMX 13-90, AMX 12t, Churchill I, VK 4205B, M12, M41, Object 212, Caernarvon, M46 Patton, Maus, and Е-100

Improved the protection offered by the joint between lower and higher nose plates on Caernarvon, Conqueror and FV215b tanks up to 203, 203 and 254 mm accordingly

Fixed bugs in visual models: IS-3, Churchill LL, М41, Т69, KV-3, TOG-2, SU-14, S-51, and Hetzer
Fixed left and right tracks on the damage model of the WZ-131 tank
Fixed camouflage costs for Chinese T-34-2
Fixed appearance of the final drive cover for Т-34 and vehicles built on its hull

Tanks with auto loader system will reload the whole cassette/drum instead of one shell when the “Intuition” skill is triggered.

Fixed the loss of performance on some configurations while using server reticule in sniper mode

The FPS rate in hangar is forcibly limited to 60 FPS

Reworked and optimized tank engine exhaust effect

Fixed the FPS drop for some configurations during the rendering of fire and explosions effects while in a sniper mode

Fixed most cases causing the game client crash during the loading of a battle when Alt +Tabbed out of the game

Fixed some bugs in the display and update rate of dynamic shadows

Returned the option to train crew members for tanks missing in the hangar. A separate warning window has been added for this purpose

Fixed the ammo order during a turret or gun change

Fixed barrel scoring in some cases when targeting a nearby obstacle

Fixed the omission of damage randomization with HE shells when hitting the ground near a tank

Removed the restriction of the "external view" button for vehicles with incomplete crew

Added the option to choose who you address in battle chat: with or without auto save of the previous option

Added a windowed full-screen option (maximize button in the right top corner)

Fixed barrel scoring and turret turning after a hit

Fixed after-shot static in the left speaker for some configurations

Fixed some bugs in the visual models of surrounding objects and building damage

Fixed client crash when pressing "Update Device" in the settings menu

Fixed incorrect output for FPS values, ping and lag indication for the Logitech G19 keyboard

Added new pictures to the login screen

Improved the description of commemorative medals

Fixed a bug which mixed up the command order "Affirmative!" and "Negative!" for tank destroyers in some situations

Added additional effects for destroying large tanks

Added the ability to remove heavy equipment and modules and replace them with lower weight ones when the chassis is overloaded

Added the display of the drowning timer and module repair indicator in the postmortem observation mode

Fixed a rare client crash after fast-quitting and then connecting back to the game
"Damage upon detecting" in the after-battle statistics renamed into "Damage upon your detecting"
Fixed audio interruptions during the voice chat test

Implemented restoration of voice chat after disconnection

When a client is minimized its icon will now blink five seconds before the start of battle

Fixed rewarding of the Sniper achievement medal when damaging allied tank with HE shell

Fixed incorrect amount of credits received for selling a vehicle being displayed in both vehicle selling window and following system notifications

Fixed report system in the post-battle statistics for players not involved in the platoon

Fixed camera panning close to some objects

Fixed the failure of "10 calibers rule" for internal ricochets

Fixed some bugs in achieving Kolobanov's medal for the cases when the members of both teams quitting to the hangar before the end of a battle

Fixed the display of a sold tank as not researched in the tech tree

Fixed a rare client crash when going to the tank research window

Added information on "potentially received damage" to the post-battle statistics. Considered all the potential damage that a tank could receive with ricocheted or not-penetrating shells (including side skirts armor)

Fixed damage from falling received by absent turret for TDs and SPGs

Fixed display of team damage and team kill for the post-battle statistics window when allied tank was destroyed by your shot

Fixed descriptions of the "Sniper" and "Steel Wall" achievements

Implemented new function of loading the necessary shell type within the countdown before the battle start
Completely re-worked tracers effect.
~Gen. G.S. Patton