AXIS & ALLIES MINIS MAP GALLERY

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: MAP GALLERY

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:19 pm

pilgrimtone wrote:That looks good, it would be nice to know how it plays.
Its my first map and I did it to the size of the 3D board I am in the middle of making, if I can get the camera working I shall take a couple of photo's of it.
Post your photos down in Dano's Modeling section and I'm sure he will like to see them also. Its certain they would be worth an entry in Dano's Modeling contest.

Could be a good map to break-out the Higgins Boats or just start on the beach. We will play it in an upcomming P-b-P match and you can follow along. Thanks for sharing your map idea with us.:cool: If its OK with you, I will create a ultrahigh resolution version and post it here for download.

Cheers
Ober

PS - Here's a version for online play with hex numbers.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pilgrimtone

Unread post by pilgrimtone » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:16 am

Use any map I post as you will chaps, I will probably base any maps I make on actual terrain that I see on Google earth so it will be of interest to me to see how they play.

P.S; it might be worth noting that the fields in the bottom left corner are either 'special terrain' or just for decoration, here at home we use the rule that non Artillery soldiers can get cover on a 6 but obviously that is very much optional :party:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:58 am

Heres a draft of a Island Hopping map that Rebel gave me the idea for with a smaller version of the concept he did on the Forumini.

this draft needs more jungle but I have heavy and Light Jungle to choose from. The light jungles could be like Brush and allow vehicles into them but block LOS and give cover. heavy Jungle would be the WotC definition making them impassable to vehicles. Theres lot of sand beaches on the islands to be used of launch/landing zones for assaults.

You could play the map a number of ways. 1. You could have an enemy assault the big island using the small islands as launching points. 2. You could have the Large island try to capture as many small islands from his opponent as possible without out being invaded by a small island. 3. Simply make some kind of mini campaign hopping from island to island.

What % should there be between open terrain and jungle terrain on the main island?

Any suggestions welcome. :Tout:

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:35 am

Nice! I like the Beaches! Would be fun to try out some sort of Campaign on them. About the percent of cover, maybe adding 10-15 Light Jungle would give it the feel of a dense forest.
A&A Underground- Minis, Maps, Models and More!
If you want a custom map, please PM me.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:03 am

This looks a lot better. What do you think?

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:28 am

Nice, I wouldn't want to root the Japs off of that map!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:21 am

Ardennes Forest

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Doberman74

Unread post by Doberman74 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Is there a program to make these maps? Maybe some templates?

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:11 am

Yeah, Ober, could you drop box a PDF of it for download. With a layer for each terrain?

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:41 am

Sorry but ive been busy. Would you like the templates with hex coords or without. I can do it either way. It draws with 5 layers so all terrain must fit into the top 4 layers. The top layer is where the WotC terrain gets added.

@ Doberman - I use a heavily modified version of Heavy metal Map created by a friend of mine "Rick Raisley". Its cheap and works very well. It has to be modified and have WotC terrain added to work for AAM. Its not rocket science but then again Rick helped me get it right. Here is his site: http://www.heavymetalpro.com/HMMap_Features.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Gen. G.S. Patton