View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:13 am


Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 




Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Dragon_Hunter's AAM unit list. 
Author Message
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:16 pm
Posts: 1084
Images: 0
Location: Norway, where you meet Santa Claus and polar bears on a daily basis
Ace of Aces wrote:
Welcome, you have a nice collection that I have no doubt will be expanding :D

I know your pain of recruiting players. Funny thing is this is a pretty easy game to play comparatively but those not interested in WWII or wargames may not have the patience for that initial investment. If finding players continues to be a problem you can always get an online match going. Not nearly as fun or fast as face to face but better than not playing at all!


I notice it is hard to recruit players, tried with someone from A & A board game group, but tough, more the kind of break diversion from the main game, so my focus will be to build war scenes terrain, paint, more hobby than games. And work smoodly with them bit by bit :D


playing online is not my thing, never done it, maybe too old, hahaha, and will not start now either. are more visual than virtual, need people I play with in the same room, some beer, much laughter and nonsense.
than one keyboard. :bowty:

_________________
Google Translate
I am from Norway, Bear with me !! ;-)

http://wotlabs.net/sig_cust/FFFFFF/7070 ... nature.png


Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 pm
Profile
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 5031
Images: 56
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
DH,
I'm glad you could join us here in our club. Make your self at home and don't hesitate to get involved with anything that is happening. If you ever wanted to do some hex terrain or build and paint a tank there is a craft fair going on right now in Dano and Loco's modeling section. The underground arsenal project has another release in the offing you may be interested in. I assume you have been to our card dbase, http://www.tintirinti.com/search_AAM.aspx

We have had a 40k player completely sell off his 40k armies to join the AAM and WaS groups at our LGS. He enjoys the games much better and is shaping up to be a good player. I find that exposure is all some few guys need and they are hooked on the "Plasti-crack". Try a demo match at a local LGS or something like that. Look for gamer clubs and forums like the Forumini (http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/) and network until you find some players. We have one member from your state but he is deployed overseas with the US military right now.

Your army looks like a good starting place. Now all you need to figure out is exactly what you want to acquire. You can start by using our dbase to sort by nation and see whats available with respect to your needs. Are you playing exclusively with 15mm vehicles or do you play the older 10-12mm vehicles too? If you could organize it by nation for clarity we could suggest some "must haves" to get a well rounded and playable force. Check out our trades threads because I know that some members would sell units as well as trade.

Cheers
Ober

_________________
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image


Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 am
Profile WWW
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 5031
Images: 56
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:
DH,
I'm glad you could join us here in our club. Make your self at home and don't hesitate to get involved with anything that is happening. If you ever wanted to do some hex terrain or build and paint a tank there is a craft fair going on right now in Dano and Loco's modeling section. The underground arsenal project has another release in the offing you may be interested in. I assume you have been to our card dbase, http://www.tintirinti.com/search_AAM.aspx

We have had a 40k player completely sell off his 40k armies to join the AAM and WaS groups at our LGS. He enjoys the games much better and is shaping up to be a good player. I find that exposure is all some few guys need and they are hooked on the "Plasti-crack". Try a demo match at a local LGS or something like that. Look for gamer clubs and forums like the Forumini (http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/) and network until you find some players. We have one member from your state but he is deployed overseas with the US military right now.

Your army looks like a good starting place. Now all you need to figure out is exactly what you want to acquire. You can start by using our dbase to sort by nation and see whats available with respect to your needs. Are you playing exclusively with 15mm vehicles or do you play the older 10-12mm vehicles too? If you could organize it by nation for clarity we could suggest some "must haves" to get a well rounded and playable force. Check out our trades threads because I know that some members would sell units as well as trade.

Cheers
Ober


PS - I you need a signature just let us know and we can hook you up.

_________________
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Image


Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 pm
Posts: 361
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:

PS - I you need a signature just let us know and we can hook you up.


When did this become an option and how do I get one?


DH-
Here is my tradelist. I would be more then happy to cut a new guy a break on things.

http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/about19007.html


Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:42 am
Profile
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Michigan Tech University
@Ober

Thank you for your kind post. I found the card base at the Axis and Allies Miniatures WotC forum, which seems pretty much dead, btw, and found the underground through there. I still hope to be playing 40k later on, but in the meantime I will play this fun little game with some people I can round up. If I do start crafting tanks, I can assure you it will be those platoon boxes of 5 panzer 4's with side skirts. I don't know what it is about panzer 4's with the side skirts, they just look really cool to me. I'm not sure what army I would want to make, but I will put the card database to good use. Also, i prefer 15mm, because i have a 12mm Panhard and a few 15mm Panhards, and they just look silly. Plus, a truck being twice as big as a B1 char-bis is also silly. Just a few nit-picky stuff.
If I would chose a nation, it would either be :ukflag: British or :geflag: German. And because of my other minis, I would have :grflag: Greek and :frflag: French Infantry Support, as well as :usflag: American artillery support.

EDIT:
I see that I have changed the subforum topic. ;)
Hopefully other people follow suit! :D


Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:26 am
Profile
Mod
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Corner of Norfolk St. and Way Ave.
Welcome to the Underground!!

There really isn't much more I can really say, that hasn't alredy been said. I would like to say again though, that we are certainly here to help and willing to answer any questions you have.

Also, I'd like to throw in a shameless plug.

You can visit my Custom Card Thread here: Kenny' Custom Cards

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:52 am
Profile
The King
The King

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:08 am
Posts: 4857
hey there!

glad to see you in our part of the world. jump right in and get involved with what you can. We'll have some offers to members, and that includes 2 years here or 2 minutes. if there's something you're interested or topic you'd like to bring up... speak right up. I'm mainly in the modelling section with Loco, so if you have something to share, please post your work etc. ask any question you would like, we're all here to help!

dano903/ dmor903


Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 am
Profile
Mod
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Corner of Norfolk St. and Way Ave.
Stalker6 wrote:
FieldMarshall Ober wrote:

PS - I you need a signature just let us know and we can hook you up.


When did this become an option and how do I get one?



Just send myself or Ober a PM describing what you have in mind and we'll come up with something.

_________________
Image


Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:23 pm
Profile
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Michigan Tech University
So, I picked up more tanks, because why the hell not! :P

After looking at the alternative mini's thread and looking at all the links posted for way to long, I think I hit gold. Plastic gold. After deciding that getting new AAM tanks was to expensive, I decided to look for other means of getting platoons of the same tanks. The other sites looked good and all, but one stood out more than the others. Plastic Soldiers, there site was friendly, and they used 3D modeling to show what you were getting in your sprue, and having different parts for different variations of tanks different colors. It was all very well done. Plus, you could pick up entire companies for 4~5 dollars per tank! (not good when looking to pick up cheap 10 point light tanks.)

So I bought a platoon box of 5 Panzer IV's, and plan to make them the 23 point panzer tanks with the side skirts. I don't know what it is, but the German tanks with side skirts just look so good! They are one of my favorite models, and I cannot wait to field a platoon!
I also picked up a 5 truck kit, because I need a way to move a large amount of infantry quickly, and the tanks don't have exposed transport.

Speaking about exposed transports, I picked up a platoon box of KV-1 tanks for my German tanks to fight and die to. Is it worth it to convert some into KV-85's, or even KV-2's?


Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:03 pm
Profile
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 1659
Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.
:bowty: OH NO!!!!! :Tout: The addiction has started.........................

_________________
Image


Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.