Iwo Jima

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Rebel

Re: Iwo Jima

Unread post by Rebel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 am

SgtFury wrote:Very nice looking map! It's a battle I've considered producing myself but you've done a great job already.
It was one of my earlier ones, and thus the hexes are missized, the terrain isn't quite realistic, and the whole thing was poorly planned... still, if I were to make the whole thing at the right size... it would be pretty big! :D
A&A Underground- Minis, Maps, Models and More!
If you want a custom map, please PM me.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:34 am

how do I get a b/w copy of this? can anyone mail it to me? I can paypal a few bucks.

the map looks outstanding. had you not explained all of the errors you thought you made, I would never had guess it. Thanks to Snip for the wonderful postings and explainations!!! looks like fun!

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:05 am

I can dropbox the full size PDF if you want it, Dano.

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:13 am

Rebel wrote:I can dropbox the full size PDF if you want it, Dano.

that's the problem... I have no idea what you just said...LOL! I REALLY appreciate your talent with this stuff!

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:46 am

Dropbox is an online uploading service, let's you store 2GB for free (A lot, unless you do a lot of graphic design like me), and you can get more space by paying. What I was asking was if you wanted me to upload the Iwo Jima map in full size and color so you can download it. If you want it! :D

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:38 am

Rebel wrote:Dropbox is an online uploading service, let's you store 2GB for free (A lot, unless you do a lot of graphic design like me), and you can get more space by paying. What I was asking was if you wanted me to upload the Iwo Jima map in full size and color so you can download it. If you want it! :D

will it hurt? how many pages are we talking about? I would only need it in black and white.

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:36 am

It wouldn't hurt. But It's only really nice for big files, so B/W is easier! :D

Any size needed? Cause if you look here:
http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z41 ... woJima.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's easy to just click and drag to the desktop, if you have preview or some other program you can change the color saturation on it till it's black and while... if that made any sense at all... otherwise I could just send you a little B/W pic of it. :D

Doberman74

Unread post by Doberman74 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:39 pm

So where is the link to this awesome map? I need to get a copy. I see a lot of fun games on this map, with Land Based and WAS! I have to get the wet guys at the store more interested!

Love the tunnel play, great idea!

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Doberman74 wrote:So where is the link to this awesome map? I need to get a copy. I see a lot of fun games on this map, with Land Based and WAS! I have to get the wet guys at the store more interested!

Love the tunnel play, great idea!
There are a ton of AAM maps here, in fact almost all of them I think... though I've made/found more since I posted! :D
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(It may take a while to load, since it's got like half a Gig of pics...)

Almost all of the maps (with the exception of a few in the "Other Map" section, which I couldn't get in touch with the owner) I have in Hi-Res. So if you want a better version for printing, PM me, and I'll send you the better version.

I'm a bit busy ATM, but hopefully, this summer, when I have more free time, I'll be able to make more custom maps for people. :D
(I'm a bit geeky when it comes to maps... sorry!)

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Rebel has graciously agreed to allow me to print one of his maps for a give-away later in the month. If you guys are interested in the island map, thats the one I will print and at least one member could win it. Sound good?

Rebel if you could dropbox me the highest resolution version I will take it for print. Be sure to add your name for credit.

Cheers
Ober
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton