View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:23 am

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Should a Unit with Bombs Also Have Blast? 

Should Bombs Also Have the Blast SA?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
No Opinion 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

Should a Unit with Bombs Also Have Blast? 

Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words
Since Bombs are usually Much Larger than an Artillery Shell, should they also have the Blast SA? I'm just curious how others think about this option.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Nont necessarily. Its not the size that matters, its the "quality"

Bombs also come in HE and AP qualities, the former might warrant blast, the latter don't.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:41 am
The King
The King

I.ll side with rvm. Kind if why the firefly and several units have a SA for different weapons.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:02 pm
Paint Nazi
Paint Nazi

Location: Hiding backround junk so Dano won't see 'em and get distracted.
:bowty: You could always make a "House Rule" that a player must announce at the beginning of the game which type of bomb he will be using during the game, HE or AP. Then give it the appropriate SA for the remainder of the game.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:35 am

Location: Scottsdale, Arizona Where Winters are like Summer & Summer is 3 Digits Hot & 4 Letter Words
Just my thoughts on this, but it seems that AP bombs would be used more against ships, whereas HE would be used against "Soft Targets" and/or vehicles. Sooooo....with this having been put of here, I think I will run it by my gaming friend that Bombs will also have Blast....a definite advantage to the Allies/Americans....but since the AAAF cards are now used in our games, I see the Italians have a plane with Bombs also....Proxie time but that is no big deal among friends......nyuk nyuk nyuk

Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]