Does anyone have a list of units that are not reprinted yet?

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Does anyone have a list of units that are not reprinted yet?

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Fri May 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Does anyone have a list of units that are yet to be reprinted?

I still use all my pieces but I was wondering what is left to reprint to 15mm.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Pletch

Re: Does anyone have a list of units that are not reprinted

Unread post by Pletch » Sat May 28, 2011 1:35 am

I assume you only are referring to vehicles. I made this list a while ago. Some of the vehicles here would be easily proxied with a v2 piece. For example: the SU-76M could be proxied with a Veteran SU-76M. I included them anyway for completeness.

CH

T-26 Series 1933

CN

Sherman DD

PO

7TPdw

SU

BA-10M
BM-13 Katyusha Rocket Launcher
BT-7
Guards T-34/85
IS-3
Soviet M3 Lee
SU-76M
SU-152
T-35

UK

Archer
Centurion A41
Churchill AVRE
Churchill Crocodile
Comet A-34
M22 Locust
Mk. VII Tetrarch

US

"Amtrack"
FO Jeep
M3 Half-Track
M3 Lee
M4 Sherman T-34 Calliope
M4A3e8 Sherman "Easy Eight"
M8 Greyhoud
M16 Half-Track
M24 Chaffee
M36 GMC
Veteran M4 Sherman "Rhino"

GE

Elefant
Elite Panzer IV Ausf. D
Flakpanzer IV "Wirbelwind"
Jagdpanzer 38(t) "Hetzer"
Jagdpanzer IV/48
Jagdtiger
Marder II
Panther Ausf. D
Panzer II (F) "Flamingo"
Panzer II Ausf. C
Panzer IV Ausf. G
Panzerjager Bren 731(e)
PzKpfw 38(t)
Sd Kfz 222
Sd Kfz 234/2 "Puma"
Sd Kfz 250
sIG 33 auf Panzer I
SS-Panther Ausf. G
SS-Panzer IV Ausf. F2

HU

Turan I

IT

L3/35

JP

Type 1 Ho-Ni
Type 2 Ka-Mi Amphibious Tank
Type 3 Chi-Nu
Type 87 Armored Car
Type 89A Chi-Ro
Type 97 Te-Ke Tankette

RO

R-2 LT-35
"Grammar is very important the the Nazi Party." - Grammar Nazis
:lol:

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sat May 28, 2011 3:29 am

WOW. Theres a lot more than I thought. I am picking-up a few aftermarket 15mm minis and wanted to know what was left. Hmmm. I smell a top 10 most wanted reprints poll coming. :roll:

Do you remember which unit M2AO said were unlikely to be reprinted? Chinese and some Japanese units?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Sun May 29, 2011 10:49 pm

I know the Type 97 Te Ke was very low on the list of likely reprints.

About ten of the above units could easily be proxied with a current AAM piece. Some are direct proxies like the Panzer IV Ausf. F2, which could easily be used as the SS version. Others are vehicles that look very similar but are actually a different version. Usually in these cases unless you actually pointed out the differences to someone, most wouldn't know. For example, the Panther Ausf. A could easily be proxied for the Panther Ausf. D and the SS-Panther Ausf. G. Most people simply wouldn't see the difference (of course in this case the obvious difference is in color! :lol: Though both the D and G versions would have been painted dunkelgelb in the Summer months).

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:49 am

You know, The SS-Panther, SS-Pz IV, Elite Pz IV and Veteran M4 (I have 4 of each) would be reprints you wouldn't hear too many complaints about. I actually don't care about reprints because I am too cheap to stop playing with my 12mm minis. :lol: But in terms of 15mm, there are reprints that must be done for those who choose to play only 15mm.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Entek

Unread post by Entek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 pm

FieldMarshall wrote:You know, The SS-Panther, SS-Pz IV, Elite Pz IV and Veteran M4 (I have 4 of each) would be reprints you wouldn't hear too many complaints about. I actually don't care about reprints because I am too cheap to stop playing with my 12mm minis. :lol: But in terms of 15mm, there are reprints that must be done for those who choose to play only 15mm.

I think a any printing of a Panther would be a winner regardless of what it was. I was lucky enough to pull one from an Eastern Front booster once and that's the only Panther I have. I need more!
Thank you Rebel!

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Entek wrote:
FieldMarshall wrote:You know, The SS-Panther, SS-Pz IV, Elite Pz IV and Veteran M4 (I have 4 of each) would be reprints you wouldn't hear too many complaints about. I actually don't care about reprints because I am too cheap to stop playing with my 12mm minis. :lol: But in terms of 15mm, there are reprints that must be done for those who choose to play only 15mm.

I think a any printing of a Panther would be a winner regardless of what it was. I was lucky enough to pull one from an Eastern Front booster once and that's the only Panther I have. I need more!

Ive been helping some new players at my LGS select units to get started in the game with good base armies. And the Panthers are the most expensive to buy and hardest to get. Now the EF boosters are real hard to find its discouraging for new players to find those units. Anyways they ended up buying Tigers instead.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Entek

Unread post by Entek » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:40 am

Tigers are nice, but I'd rather have two Panther's for the cost of just over 1 Tiger, but that's just me.

I only have one Panther, but I have two Tiger I's and one Veteran Tiger. I am building up my collection. The older stuff is getting expensive/harder to find and I'm trying to bring myself to buy some Rangers currently. I just find it a hard sell to buy one common solder for $7.50, but I may find myself doing so in the not too distant future.
Thank you Rebel!

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:46 am

I suggest that you "proxy" the "expensive" commons - there are some alternative 15mm (or even 1/72 if you don't mind mixing scales) out there..

A pack of 1/72 "german" soldiers usually gives you a nice selection to draw from if you assign a "role" to each different figure.

regarding vehicle I think Zvedza "art of tactic" will solve some gaps ;) - no US and JP currently, but...

I think I will procxy the Chinese T-26 (AAM) with the Zvedza model if I can get my FLGS into the Zvedza line :D

Pletch

Unread post by Pletch » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 pm

If scale is an issue, there are 1/100 scale plastic infantry out there too.