would you bring kids? 1-2
18%
would you bring kids? 3+
No votes

Total votes: 17

pfclt

Re: The Road to Iowa 2014!!!

Unread post by pfclt » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:51 am

congratulations! I hope firehouse gets some good use out of it and I'm glad my contribution was worthy enough to make for some fun competitiveness even in the raffle. Better than sitting on my shelf collecting dust.......

Thanks again for the pics and brief updates on the goings on there Dano!

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:14 am

Home sweet home!

Where to next year.....ohio?

george s. rommel

Unread post by george s. rommel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:07 pm

WOW! REALLY COOL GUYS

dano903
The King
The King

Unread post by dano903 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:39 pm

8 months ago I was just kind of kidding around for the Iowa location, but there was so much local support we were able to put this together. With Audacity and Firehouse travelling as much as they are, this is very possible to do this again at a different location. So, if there's a small group of members that can host a weekend of gaming, we can take suggestions. I can suggest some criteria for the location and time.

1) I would like to see this located near a major airport. It's just easier and cheaper to book a flight to a major city then to have to take a puddle jumper to a minor airport.

2) it could be planned around a gaming convention if someone is going to GM a few games.

3) I would like to see it early in the year or before the winter months(holiday season)

4) (the most important one) I would like to see something planned around Ober's schedule.

5) central location for some Toronto/Iowa/Michigan etc. members to be able to drive to.

of coarse I'm not the only one involved in this decision, and many people could have their ideas as well. I've been to two gathering for "extreme Axis and Allies" gaming conventions, and if you still play the game or have packed it away, these events will rekindle some interest IMO.

Again, thanks to Audacity and Firehouse attending from Canada! I know I would consider a trip if they're involved again.

bigbake132

Unread post by bigbake132 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Had a great time meeting everyone. It was good to play some games, those were certainly the largest games of AAM I had played and had a lot of fun!