Richters Campaign

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

RichtervonManthofen

Richters Campaign

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:56 pm

I am currently working on a campaign game spanning the whole war.

I made a world map and would be happy to get some input

Should I add more territories , what can I skip?

Currently I do not plan sea zones - as you can't "occupy" the sea ;)

I am working on an "order based" strategic level

nations hge a number of "headquarters" which can order their subjects units to perform certain things.

For Example Germany gets a High Command and several Heeresgruppen and a Marine Command

A Heersgruppe in Easter Prussia has (for example) 10 Mauser + 5 Panzer II - during the September 1st week it orders: 8 Mausers + 3 Panzer II to attack Warsaw - then I play out an AAM battle (10 turns) against the defending Polish units. If at the end of turn 10 both sides have remaining units then the battle will be continued "next" week (maybe the Heeresgruppe orders another Mauser and the remaining Panzers to join the attack in week two. If only one side has remaining units it has won (obvious) and now can use th territory.

naval engagements will be fought when one Admiral orders its ships to either attack an enemy harbour (usually assume the 2nd side sails out of harbour), conduct a patrol meeting an enemy fleet on the move (redeploying to another harbour, shipping supplies or simply trrrying to attack an enemy base, supporting a naval landing)

For example Japanese admirla on truk orders its Cl and DDs to patrol between Truk and Solomons. US has ordered a fleet to support landings at the Solomons. Japan can then engage the US fleet to sink it before it can land the invasion force.

Raiders and Subs can go on commerce raiding (exact mechnism to be determined, but I think each hull point of a raider/sub will do damage each week. if enough damage is done the production of the target is affected)

Much is still undetermined, but I have the map and a spreadsheet with somewhat historical production values (historical GDP).
for example France (metropolitan) gets 39 points to spend each turn and Germany 81 (including 4 from Austria), UK gets 56 (+ colonies) and US 101, japan (without colonies) gets 14 and Russia has 76...

more to follow...
Attachments
Campaign Map.png

thepanzerguy

Re: Richters Campaign

Unread post by thepanzerguy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:52 pm

It would be cool to do a campaign spanning the whole war, but it would last as long as the real war itself, and you would need huge amounts of units.

thepanzerguy

Unread post by thepanzerguy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 pm

Also, I think Russia should get more money than Germany. In reality, Russia could easily produce large amounts of men and equipment, much more than Germany could.

RichtervonManthofen

Unread post by RichtervonManthofen » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 pm

I found (and lost) a source of Industrial production in the 30s - The numbers I use are based on this source.

While Russia is huge it is less dense settled as other nations, and the industry was not as advanced as other nations, - still its almost on the same level as Germany..

Giving the Allies even more production would make the war quite one sided :D

GErmany has to conquer France and then use this resources (I reduce the producion of conquered territories by 2/3 - foreign factories would not yield as much as domestic ;)

I think its still quite balanced as UK has to use transport ships to get its units to the front, so GErmany CAN beant Frnace (+UK) even if it has less production.

Only after France is defeated Germany AN think to attack Russia in this game.

I have a few battles done now and I am quite confident that I can finish this war in the mid 20s ;)

thepanzerguy

Unread post by thepanzerguy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:22 am

Well, in the thirties, Germany was more advanced than Russia, but once the war started, Russia produced more. So yes, they are about even. So, how is the campaign going? Do the axis or allies have the advantage? Which nation has won lots of battles?