ideas

Information on getting started Playing Axis and Allies Miniatures and Rules Clarifications.
pfclt

ideas

Unread post by pfclt » Sun May 29, 2011 5:01 pm

couple of ideas
1.)I'm wondering if certain threads should be locked to keep them to the point.
2.)I think Sgt Fury's document is one of the most important references one can have. Therefore maybe ask him if it's ok to post.
3.)I can help - but I'm better if I'm assigned a task. Otherwise - I'll be as confused as a beginner and end up going off target myself.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Re: ideas

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun May 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Sweet. I was thinking of you pfc_lt as a good candidate. Your attention to detail is one of your many assets. Thanks.

Yes, we should lock the threads and provide a thread to ask questions and provide answers.

I will message Sgt Fury and ask his permission to include his clarifications. They are very necessary for the clarity we want to provide.

I think proofreading my stuff and editing out my silly mistakes would be a job in itself. :lol: The other thing are your videos you have done in the past would be useful in illistrating certain mechanics like defensive fire. After all if a graphic is worth a thousand words, a vidoe must be worth ten thousand words!

Cheers
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

pfclt

Unread post by pfclt » Sun May 29, 2011 5:49 pm

OK - it'll be a week before I can start some video (animation) work. Memorial weekend, picnics and what not as well as planting. I plant a lot this weekend.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Sun May 29, 2011 6:43 pm

No problem.

We have not planted a thing yet either. Its been raining here for basicly 3 1/2 weeks and I can't get near the garden with the tiller. Uggg

I was thinking of something that woud describe defensive fire visually. Demonstrating when it happens and choosing the right hex to envoke defensive fire. Eg choosing defensive fire on the rear of a vehicle instead of choosing to attack the front armor. Stay away from lethal defensive fire a keep things to the rules included in the starter. Later perhaps we could do something on the revised rules, lethal defensive fire and overstacking and etc...
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 am

Sgt Fury gave us the thumbs up to use his clarifications for the project. Thanks Sgt!
~Gen. G.S. Patton