View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Denis Courcy's Blog     Danaussie's WaS Forum     aarules Scenario Site     Joebunda's AAM resource site     SgtFury's Rules Q & A Site     AAM Database     Cornerstone Games     Forumini 

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Basic Training 
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
Ive been toying with the idea of setting up a good well organized section for new players to get a handle on the game and get some common questions answered. So here it is. I plan on somehow going through the rule book and extracting the rules and explaining them and showing graphics to illistrate concepts. I was thinking on getting sections in cronological order of play and walking players through some situations.

Introduction to AAM - Background, 10 & 15mm Scales, revised cards, 2 & 3 inch maps and any other unwritten changes we can think of. There are lots.

Army Builds - Still have the draft we did on the old forum on this subject

Deployments -

Movement

Defensive fire

Line of sight

And more......

Having said all this it's just too much work for one person and as everyone is aware I am no rules guru and a huge scatterbrain. So I am hoping for a volunteer(s) to help me out and keep me on track and co-author the articles.

Any Volunteers????

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Sun May 29, 2011 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
The King
The King

I can help where and when needed... I'm no expert at all as well.
I would suggest a walk through of questions from bakeofried's thread. he had some great questions, but the next person that starts this game will have the same questions that he had. Avoid some duplication, and have them read our FAQ's before they start asking questions. along with the listed FAQ's, a video(?) on def. fire sounds wonderful.
also, as mentioned, some sort of care package. maybe include some basic and/or hard to find pieces, counters, and/or a 100 or 200 point build of a force. something they can play with right away, and is pretty even when playing against their 9 yr. boy when they don't have a chance.

p.s. did I get promoted again??? what's with the moderator title? does it come with health benefits?

Sun May 29, 2011 11:50 pm
Founder
Founder

Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!
dano903 wrote:
I can help where and when needed... I'm no expert at all as well.
I would suggest a walk through of questions from bakeofried's thread. he had some great questions, but the next person that starts this game will have the same questions that he had. Avoid some duplication, and have them read our FAQ's before they start asking questions. along with the listed FAQ's, a video(?) on def. fire sounds wonderful.
also, as mentioned, some sort of care package. maybe include some basic and/or hard to find pieces, counters, and/or a 100 or 200 point build of a force. something they can play with right away, and is pretty even when playing against their 9 yr. boy when they don't have a chance.

p.s. did I get promoted again??? what's with the moderator title? does it come with health benefits?

All good points. Bako's thread contained lots of good questions and we should be sure to cover everything there.

The moderator thing. Well I was playing around in my control panel and discovered how to assign moderators to sections and since your face is on the cover......... :D I will likely put pfc_lt in under his Books and literature section sometime, and any other mods who want to take the lead in a section.

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Mon May 30, 2011 1:13 am
Profile WWW
The King
The King

point well taken.

Mon May 30, 2011 6:22 am

I would volunteer to answer questions on AAM and WAS

but only on "the basic" thing without revisions and special rules that are NOT part of the "published" ruleboos (like M2A0s revisions, the special campaign/game rules some people play with and almost go as official).

I might be this places Y2UAsk ;)

I certainly do not have absolute knowledge, but I think I have a good grasp of the basics...

If I have time I might even do short articles on specific themes like

Available (in game) units of each nation
How to build a XXX Army

Mon May 30, 2011 4:34 pm
Founder
Founder

RichtervonManthofen wrote:
I would volunteer to answer questions on AAM and WAS

but only on "the basic" thing without revisions and special rules that are NOT part of the "published" ruleboos (like M2A0s revisions, the special campaign/game rules some people play with and almost go as official).

I might be this places Y2UAsk ;)

I certainly do not have absolute knowledge, but I think I have a good grasp of the basics...

If I have time I might even do short articles on specific themes like

Available (in game) units of each nation
How to build a XXX Army

Thanks RvM. I will accept your offer. I would agree we should keep this section basic and with the rulebook from the starter. Advanced questions are best left to AAM General where are lots of people and always someone that knows the answer. We will absolutely be able to fit your short articles if time cooperates. And anyone elses articles for that matter.

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Mon May 30, 2011 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]