Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Angels 20 PBP Match: Ace vs Ober

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Axis turn 1, move 1 - 110 must move first because of its "limited agility" SA

110 fails normal speed power climb (2d6+3=7 <10) and must move forward 1 space and remain at same altitude, 2nd move into 0709 facing N, no status. An auspicious start.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:24 pm

I haven't play much with altitude so nudge me If I do something wrong.

Ace 1 attempt climb 2D6+4 => 8 failed (one ahead to 0704 and one speed left to 0705)

"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Will do. You can use a second DM for your Ace to try another climb. I would recommend it, especially since you are now in range of the 110s attack. Could also use scissors to not move a second hex forward.

Your biggest advantage with your aircraft will be the two DMs until they are damaged.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Never thought I could try twice. Attempting climb into 0705.........
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:52 pm

2D6+4 => 10.... Yay!

In 0705 (S) E=4

Question: should I position myself in a dive for an attack advantage?

~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 pm

In that hex, no - you are out of range and would force yourself to dive next round. If you want, move 1 more hex forward and use dive status. You will be safe from bomber but can still make a run at it.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:In that hex, no - you are out of range and would force yourself to dive next round. If you want, move 1 more hex forward and use dive status. You will be safe from bomber but can still make a run at it.
I should of declared what speed I was using but I succeeded a climb on a 10 so I only have 3 hexes of movement so I'm done.
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:26 pm

The Spitfire Ace has normal speed 2-4, your moves were:
1 - failed climb, moved one forward
2 - move forward
3 - successful climb, move one forward and increase of alt.

That leaves one move left unless I am misinterpretating the rules. I don't mind you not moving again because I made a mistake by not going into climb status with the 110 :D

Think we should assume we are at normal speed unless we specify high speed.

Good rules discussion.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:The Spitfire Ace has normal speed 2-4, your moves were:
1 - failed climb, moved one forward
2 - move forward
3 - successful climb, move one forward and increase of alt.

That leaves one move left unless I am misinterpretating the rules. I don't mind you not moving again because I made a mistake by not going into climb status with the 110 :D

Think we should assume we are at normal speed unless we specify high speed.

Good rules discussion.
I thought he had speed 3 so sure he can go to 0706 in dive status.

~Gen. G.S. Patton