Angels 20 PBP Match: Ace vs Ober

Discuss general AAM topics here

Moderator: FieldMarshall Ober

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Re: Angels 20 PBP Match: Ace vs Ober

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 am

Reread scenario, this map for this scenario needs to be fixed as the Axis victory is tied to the bombers leaving via the southern edge of the map. They don't specify which direction is south and assume it is at the bottom of the setup diagram, opposite the direction the bombers are flying in to start with.
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:29 am

You could just play a normal 110 vs. 110 game... to make it simple! :D Up to ya! :lol:
A&A Underground- Minis, Maps, Models and More!
If you want a custom map, please PM me.

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 pm

What do you think Ober?
[align=center]ImageImage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ImageImage[/align]

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Ace of Aces wrote:What do you think Ober?
I have the planes shopped so why don't we use the planes in a regular match?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Sounds good.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder
Location: OK, Its late july and summer is over in Canada....it was 3 days this year!

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:22 am

Try this for the map and planes. Subbed in an ace for the wingman to even things out.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28096553/A20%20 ... master.psd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Demo
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %*$# through a goose."
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:52 am

Got file, looks great. You pick your side and we can roll for initiative. Do we want to start at altitude 3 for all aircraft?

For everyone else following, we are playing a dogfight style game with the standard rules plus Tailing & Status. Flights are...

Allies: 2 Spitfire Mk I Aces
vs
Axis: BF109G "Gustav" & BF110C

[thumbnail]http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p51 ... -Front.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p51 ... -Front.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p51 ... -Front.jpg[/thumbnail]

Anything I missed Ober?

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 am

Everything looks good. High roll plays axis.

Roll room= BOB

Rolled: Snake eyes so your axis.

Allied deployment/initiative roll = 2d6+2 = 8

PS -Where should we deploy?
~Gen. G.S. Patton

Ace of Aces
Mod
Mod

Unread post by Ace of Aces » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:44 pm

:lol: I thought that was our deployment.

Pick any hexes in the first row between 04xx and 12xx. I will do same for row 11. This is pretty close to the standard scenario setup - situation 1

I also rolled an 8, reroll of a 6. High initiative deploys and goes 2nd. I will assume I lost and put my 110 in 0711 and Gustav in 0811. I will post a map tonight.

FieldMarshall Ober
Founder
Founder

Unread post by FieldMarshall Ober » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:26 pm

The rulebook showed 8 hexes apart for a standard set-up .

Turn 1 initiative = 2D6+2 => 7

~Gen. G.S. Patton